Manila is under a Bieber fever right now as Justin Bieber‘s concert is getting nearer and nearer! Tonight at SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds, the teen pop sensation will invade Philippines for his My World Tour Concert, 8pm.
Everybody wants to know something about the Bieb, he maybe just 17 years old but in an early age he already achieved more than an usual teenager. Maybe its because of his incredible talent and oh-so gorgeous looks that stole the hearts of his fans around the world.
As his concert rapidly approaches, we will give the “Beliebers” 17 trivia about the young singer-performer that you may find helpful in knowing him more.
- Number 1 albums. Proving the Bieber fever, Justin’s two albums, “My World 2.0” and “Never Say Never: The Remixes” have reached the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200. “Never Say Never: The Remixes” has sold 165,000 copies in its first week
- Drummer boy at 2. Justin began drumming at the tender age of 2. Other than drums, music lover Justin also plays piano, guitar and trumpet.
- 3D movie: Never Say Never. Get a glimpse of Justin’s life on his first 3D movie, documenting the pop star’s life ten days before his concert in Madison Square Garden in August 2010, which sold out tickets in 22 minutes.
- Four awards in 2010 American Music Awards. Justin knows how to sweep awards, he won “Artist of the Year,” Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist,” “T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist,” “Favorite Pop/Rock Album.”
- 5’4″ in height. According to IMDB in 2010, Justin’s height is 5’4. Justin even joked about his height in USA Today, “Thanks to the music industry, I’m going to be really short.”
- Favorite number. Justin’s favorite number is 6. His other favorites are color purple, Supra shoes and Ne-yo’s “So Sick” song.
- “The Seven.” Justin guested in MTV’s “The Seven” show to promote his movie, “Never Say Never.” His guesting created much pandemonium having his fan girls camped outside the building in tents for hours.
- 8th in Twitter Top Trends. Having over 9 million followers in Twitter, Justin placed 8th in the 2010 Overall Top Trends in Twitter. For the people category, Justin placed first.
- Nine million followers. If Twitter is a country, Justin could have been voted as the president. In April 2011, Justin made the 9 million mark on Twitter, making him the second celebrity to reach that mark, having Lady Gaga as the first celebrity to gain 9 million followers.
- Justin’s “Top Ten” on the “David Letterman Show.” David Letterman’s usual audiences might not be the Beliebers, but their parents instead; however, Justin’s guesting on the show charmed both young and adult audiences. The category is “Top 10 Reasons It’s Fun to be Justin Bieber,” which includes this reason “”When I’m sick, my doctor makes hilarious jokes about ‘Bieber Fever.’”
- Billboard nominations. With eleven Billboard nominations, including “Top Artist,” “Top Billboard 200 Album,” “Top Male Artist” and “Top Artist,” we wonder how many Justin can snag. The Billboard Music Awards will be broadcasted in May 22, 2011.
- YouTube sensation at 12. Justin’s mother, Malette, uploaded Justin’s video of him singing Ne-yo’s “So Sick” when he was twelve.
- Recording artist at 13. Teen sensation Justin signed contract with Island Records and RBMG when he was thirteen. He also first met Ludacris, his featuring artist in “Baby,” when he was thireteen.
- 14 eye-candy colors. Wonder how to have one less lonely girl? Justin collaborated with Nicole by OPI for the “One Less Lonely Girl” collection with 14 colors, named after his hits! Paint your nails with “Baby Blue,” “Step 2 the Beat of my ♥, OMB!,” “Me + Blue,” and “Give Me the First Dance.”
- “Somebody to Love” reached number fifteen in the US chart. Justin’s second single, “Somebody to Love” from his album “My World 2.0″ which was released in April 10, 2010, reached number ten in Canada, fifteen in the US and the top twenty in other countries.
- Released a memoir at 16. Justin was 16 years old when he released “Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story.”
- 17th birthday. Justin celebrated his 17th birthday with his girlfriend, Selena Gomez, at Los Angeles Italian restaurant Maggiano’s Little Italy for a candlelit dinner. On his 17th birthday, Justin asked his fans to donate $17 to Charitywater to help make a change, instead of giving him gifts.
Oops, the last one may have broken many hearts of Beliebers. Be sure to watch the awesome teen pop star tonight! It’s your once in a lifetime chance!