Anne Curtis prepared a full song number of Adele’s “Someone Like You” for Thomasians which she revealed on twitter.
Anne Tweeted: “First time to sing it live and full song dapat! Haha. Oh well, maybe next year! It was nice seeing you guys kahit saglit!”
Anne also tweeted her dismay on GMA7 who prohibited her to go up the stage.
“Thomasians, sorry I had to leave na. I tried to at least get up on stage and say hi kahit 2 minutes lang but GMA staff didn’t want.”
“Thomasians, I was there on the left side of the stage & told them kahit din a ko kumanta babati Lang ng Hi and Hello but GMA Staff said no.”
GMA responded to Anne’s tweets saying that they were just following the programme sequence.
“We were simply sticking to the programme sequence provided by the organizers “-GMA7
GMA’s side of the story:
1. Prior to the event, network representatives had been briefed by the organizers/UST about the sequence of the programme. This was to be the basis for arranging our artists’ schedules and determining their call time for the event.
2. Based on the schedule, GMA artists were supposed to perform at 7 pm. Our talents were at the venue as early as 5 pm. Last-minute insertion of ABS-CBN’s Banana Split cast in the programme however further pushed back the schedule.
3. Shortly before GMA’s number, GMA representatives confirmed the programme sequence with organizers. We were told that the Kapuso artists would be next. GMA was not aware nor informed by the organizers in any prior meeting that Anne Curtis will be part of the program.
4. When the GMA artists were about to go on stage, Anne Curtis, her handler and a student organizer approached a GMA representative to ask if she could go on stage first.
However, GMA staff declined and instructed the floor director and production staff to please proceed with the programme sequence, as the Kapuso stars also had other schedules to go to, and by this time were already waiting for nearly three hours.
5. GMA later found out that Ms. Curtis had left the venue and had tweeted about the incident.
Anne Curtis, who was allegedly said to be 3 hours late from the scheduled call time for the performers, explained on tweeter that she didn’t arrive late as what GMA has stated.
She tweeted: “Firstly, if you read my twitter timeline I didn’t arrive late at 8pm. I was asked by UST people to be there between 7-7:30 and they had told my Road Manager as soon as I get there it would be my turn.. If you want an exact time I was there at 7:10 according to driver. O diba? Join din ang driver ko sa drama. Haha. No, but seriously, they told me naman since TV5 people were performing already they opted to put me after TV5 artists & before the GMA artists.”
On the other hand, ABS-CBN released an official statement regarding the “No Show” issue of their contract actress at the Said event.
“Last November 10 at the Kick-Off Party of the USTv Students’ Choice Awards, the aborted song number of Anne Curtis became a hot topic.
We would like to clarify the issues related to the incident at the USTv awards’ launch, where Anne was invited to perform. The call time for Anne was 7PM and she arrived on time. She was scheduled to sing at 7:30 PM but due to some reason, the program was delayed.
Because Anne had been waiting for quite some time, the organizers of USTv awards decided to put her spot number after TV5′s presentation and before GMA-7 artists’ number.
Unfortunately, she was not able to perform or even greet the crowd because a staff from GMA-7 stopped her. The organizers of the event, who should be the ones making the decisions for the program, failed to control the incident.
ABS-CBN understands that such delays and compromises occur during events like the USTv Awards Kick-Off Party. During such times, people involved at the event might just have to extend extra patience and consideration.”