Yesterday, the 34th Gawad Urian Awards honored the independent film makers together with Cinema One, the cable channel that shows Filipino independent films. It was held at Marriott Hotel.
The awarding start of with a song number from Jovit Baldivino, Christian Bautista, Sitti Navarro, at Angeline Quinto.
Here are the list of winners of the 34th Gawad Urian Awards:
- Best Supporting Actress – Rosanna Roces for the movie Presa
- Best Supporting Actor – Joem Basco for the movie Noy
- Best in Music – Jerrold Tarog for the movie Damgo ni Eleuteria
- Best in Sound – Dempster Samarista for the movie Limbuan
- Best in Cinematography – Christian Linaban for the movie Damgo ni Eleuteria
- Best in Production Design – Rodell Crus for the movie Amigo
- Best in Editing – Willie Apa Jr. at Arthur Ian Garcia for the movie Sheika
- Best Director – Remton Siega Zuasola for the movie Damgo ni Eleuteria
- Best Actor – Sid Lucero for the movie Muli
- Best Actress – Fe GingGing Hyde for the movie Sheika
- Best Picture – Damgo ni Eleuteria, under Panumduman Pictures and Creative Programs, Inc.
- Best Short Film – Huwag Kang Titingin by Pam Miras
- Best Documentary – Kano by Monster Jimenez
One of the most awaited award that night is the “Dekada Awards” for the films in the past decade (2000-2009). They recognized the independent films that stand out throughout the decade.
Here are the list of the awarded independent movies:
- Batang West Side (2001)
- Tuhog (2001)
- Babae sa Breakwater (2003)
- Magnifico (2003)
- Ebolusyon ng Pamilyang Pilipino (2004)
- Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros (2005)
- Kubrador (2006)
- Serbis (2008)
- Kinatay (2009)
- Lola (2009)
Gawad Urian also honored the Actor and Actresses of the Decade. These awards was stolen by Coco Martin, Cherry Pie Picache, and Gina Pareño.
For the Lifetime Achievement Award, they acclaim the renowned scriptwriter, Jose “Pete” Lacaba. He is the man behind the movies Kapit sa Patalim, Sister Stella L, Rizal sa Dapitan, at Eskapo.